Our next episode is moved to Friday, January 10 (technical issues). But don’t fret! We’ll make sure to make up for the delay by adding, say, 10% more geeky fun to this week’s show. […]
This week we talked about our favorite things of 2013, interviewed authors Chris Mariano, Chrissie Peria and Miles Tan, and discussed the newly released clip of the upcoming movie Divergent based on the wildly popular book by Veronica Roth.
Our favorite things of 2013:
- Mina: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Tania: Japanese band ONE OK ROCK‘s Europe/Asia Tour
- Miles: Cambodia (free wifi everywhere! beautiful sights!)
- Chris: TableTop (web series on celebrity tabletop gaming)
Sleepy HollowTom Mison
Happy new year, everyone!
Here’s what we’re planning to talk about on episode 2 of #5x5podcast:
- Our favorites of 2013 (with a special shoutout to the novel Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell)
- Authors Chris Mariano, Chrissie Peria, and Miles Tan are dropping by to talk about their books, and their new short story All I Want for Christmas (free right now on Kindle! bit.ly/AllIWant4Christmas)
- What we think about the first official clip from the Divergent movie
In this premiere episode of the 5×5 Podcast, we interview an author of young adult fiction Kate Evangelista, and geeked out about television shows Reign and Arrow, and the anime Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack on Titan).
Be sure to tune in next week for the live broadcast of episode 2 of the 5×5 Podcast, and tweet us questions and comments using the hashtag #5x5podcast!
Thanks to everyone who listened to our live show, and Tweeted their comments and questions using the official podcast hashtag #5x5podcast. We’d also like to thank those who listened to the episode after the live airing on YouTube.
- Kate Evangelista’s website
- Shingeki No Kyojin/Attack on Titan (English subtitles) – WATCH
- Listener @crestfallenme shares her book review blog
We hope everyone is having a fun holiday season! (Yes we know that traffic is a mess, our relatives think we’re gaining weight, and we’re all very nearly broke — but still! Happy thoughts.)
In the spirit of positivity and geeky fun that costs nothing, we (Tania and Mina) are resurrecting a thing we used to do — the podcast about fun and geeky stuff. Welcome to the Five By Five podcast, where we talk about the things we love. It’s not just any ol’ podcast — it’s a LIVE one. Yes, the Five By Five podcast will be streamed live on YouTube, and will be available after the broadcast on our YouTube channel so if you miss the live airing, you can still listen to it (and make your friends listen to it) anytime.[…]